JUST ENOUGH PORTUGUESE BEAN SOUP
• 1 bag Just Enough Diced Celery
• 1 bag Just Enough Diced Carrot
• 1 bag Just Enough Diced Onion
• 1 cube chicken bouillon
• 1.5 lb Ham Hock
• 1.5 Ham Shank
• 12 cups water
• (1) 14.5oz can Stewed Tomatoes
• (1) 6oz can Tomato Paste
• 1 Portuguese sausage (cubed)
• 2 can (15.5oz) kidney beans
• 3 red potatoes, cubed
• 1 cup elbow macaroni
• ¼ head chopped cabbage
1. Heat 12 cups of water and chicken bouillon in a large pot on high. Add ham hock and ham shank. Bring to a Boil. Boil for 2 hours or until meat is falling off the bone. (Keep lid on pot)
2. Once meat is tender remove ham shank and ham hock. Separate meat from bone and cut into cubes.
3. Add meat back into pot. Add tomato paste, stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, Portuguese sausage and potatoes. Let simmer for another 15 minutes.
4. Add in 1 cup of macaroni, ¼ head of cabbage, and Just Enough onion, celery, and carrots.
5. Let simmer for 15 minutes then soup is ready to enjoy