JUST ENOUGH HEARTY MEATSAUCE
• 1-1 ½ pounds ground beef or turkey
• 1 28oz can tomato sauce with herbs
• 1 package Just Enough diced onion
• 1 package Just Enough diced bell pepper
• 1 package Just Enough diced carrot
• 1 package Just Enough diced celery
• 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
• 2 teaspoon minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium size pot (3-4 quart), heat the oil over medium low heat and cook the onions in it for 5 to 10 minutes, until softened. Add the bell pepper, carrot, celery and garlic and cook for three minutes more. Raise the heat to medium high and add the beef, stirring and breaking up any lumps until it is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
Add the tomato sauce and stir to combine. Let simmer 10-15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve over spaghetti.
Serves: 4 - 6