JUST ENOUGH HAWAIIAN BEEF STEW
• 1-1 ½ pounds stew meat, cut into 1” pieces
• 4 cups water
• 2 red medium potatoes, cut into quarter pieces
• 1 package Just Enough Stew Carrots
• 1 package Just Enough Stew Celery
• 2 packages Just Enough Stew Onion
• 1 bag Taro Brand Poi*
• 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
• 2 cube Beef Bouillon (optional)
• 1 cube Chicken Bouillon
• 6oz can tomato paste
• 2 clove garlic
In a large pot heat the oil and garlic over medium high heat. Salt & Pepper meat and cook 5-10 minutes until browned. Add water, chicken & beef bouillon, tomato paste and bring to a boil. Immediately lower heat to medium low, cover and let simmer 1 to 1 ½ hours. Add potatoes and “Just Enough” Stew Cut carrot, celery, onion. Continue to simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir in Poi and continue to simmer until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve over rice.
*Alternatively to thicken stew: in place of Poi in a small bowl using a fork stir together ¼ cup water and ¼ cup All Purpose flour.
Serves: 4 - 6
Total Time: 3 hours