Taro Pumpkin Pie
(Makes 2 pies)
• 16 oz Taro Brand Premium Frozen Poi
• 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
• 4 tablespoon melted butter
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 2 large eggs
• 1 can (15 oz.) Pure Pumpkin
• 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Milk
• 1 unbaked 9-inch graham cracker pie shell
Directions: Completely thaw 16 oz Taro Brand Premium Frozen Poi. Crumble into small pieces. Add condensed milk and butter. Mix thoroughly. Place half of the poi mix in 2- 9 inch pie shells. Spread mixture and smoothen evenly on the bottom of pie shell.
Mix pumpkin filling ingredients sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
POUR half of pumpkin filling on the taro filling in each pie shells.
BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.